Doing Business in Manhattan Beach
Every Month the Manhattan Beach Chamber of Commerce has been visiting businesses in the community to get a sense of what is going well, areas of opportunity, and to bring people together. The visits have been eye opening for those who have joined us. We have had various commissioners, real estate executives, and developers travel with us. On average we spend 15 to 20 minutes with each business owner or manager and seek their feedback. There are 10 visits scheduled on the monthly visit day.
Examples of the information we are looking for is:
- When was the last time someone from the City or Chamber has stopped by?
- How have you found the business climate in Manhattan Beach?
- What things could be done to make doing business in Manhattan Beach easier?
- What keeps you up at night?
- How can we better assist you and your customers?
The feedback and candor has been amazing. Businesses have welcomed us in with open arms and have been eager to share their experiences. Those who began unsure about why we were there and maybe a little threatened settles in and realized everyone wants to know what can be done to help. Sometimes these businesses have never been visited or only when there was an issue at hand. Other times they have felt very connected.
Some of the key learnings which have come out of these visits are:
- Many businesses are unaware of what services are available to them.
- Both the City and Chamber need to continue to reach out and spend time with businesses.
- A consistent signage program needs to be developed and implemented throughout the City.
- We have a tremendously vibrant business community with some of the most dedicated people.
If you are interested in having us come and speak with you and your staff please contact Kayla Keohi in our office at email@example.com.