The Manhattan Beach Chamber of Commerce drives a strong local economy by promoting the community, providing valuable business connections and representing business with government.
Driving a Strong Local Economy
- Actively seek out new businesses
- Assess local sales trends
- Advocate on behalf of business
- Develop plans to impact local zoning and regulations
- Partner with city on potential incentive programs
Providing Business Connections
- Networking after hours events
- Business connection lunches
- Business development seminars
- Various symposiums
- Numerous committees
Representing Business with Government
- Speak on behalf of initiatives to city council and planning commissions
- Assisting in private concession negotiations
- Working to develop business friendly incentives and code enhancements
- Lobbying state and local government on business tax and policy creation
- Partner with the South Bay Association of Chambers of Commerce on key legislative issues
The Manhattan Beach Chamber of Commerce is committed to unifying the business community in Manhattan Beach. Having one voice allows the business owners to have a place at the table as we look to develop long term strategies for developing this city. Within that unity is also to create one brand under which the city will be known and can attract the best consumers, visitors, and residents.
By the Manhattan Beach Chamber of Commerce creating a strong local business community the benefits flow into a strong local economy as a whole. As the city ages and looks to expand its services there is an increase taxing on local infrastructure and need for funds to improve them. With the right mix of businesses and attraction of visitors these expenditures can be offset to a large degree without the need for increased taxes to residents.