What do I need to know?
The Manhattan Beach Chamber of Commerce is constantly searching for ways to keep our local business community informed on issues that matter to them. To that end we are proud to present the following information and resources about health care reform to help you prepare for implementation of major provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA):
- The Penalty Calculator assists businesses in figuring out whether they must offer coverage and what the potential penalty might be under the employer mandate.
- The Coverage or Penalty Chart helps a business determine if it has to offer coverage and/or pay a penalty due to the employer mandate.
- The Added Costs Table highlights the revenue provisions of the law, the effective date, and the revenue impact (PDF).
- The Interactive Timeline outlines when key provisions of the law will take effect and offers a brief description of each provision.
- The Workplace Wellness page includes the Chamber’s Workplace Wellness Toolkit to help employers set up a workplace wellness program.
- The Press Room and Video pages provide recent news and video coverage of how the PPACA is affecting the business community.
- The FAQ page offers in-depth answers and definitions to help businesses navigate the employer mandate.
The Employer Mandate: Coverage or Penalty?
The employer mandate, which takes effect in January 2015, will be the first time that a federal mandate requires employers to offer prescribed health care coverage or potentially face a penalty (see the Coverage or Penalty Chart).