About Formu+La Pilates + Juice
Aimee + Jasmine met in Palm Springs roughly around 2009. Aimee was commuting from the South Bay to Palm Desert while working for Guthy Ranker. Jasmine was going on her second year and second certification in the Pilates Industry. Aimee + Jasmine both signed up for a Pilates class in Palm Desert and were conveniently assigned neighboring reformers. Not thinking too much about it they exchanged info….
“It all happened organically.”
Aimee Goeppner, Owner, Wife, Mom, and fitness/nutrition enthusiast
Jasmine Micaela Sharp, Owner, Machine Formulator, Educator, Culinary Enthusiast.
We asked Aimee and Jasmine a few questions about their business and Manhattan Beach. Here is what they had to say:
1) How long have you been doing business in Manhattan Beach? Since December 2012
2) What made you choose Manhattan Beach? We love the level of education here in Manhattan Beach, our community makes intelligent decisions based on their health and lucky for us are very discriminating in regards to what they put in their bodies and who they allow to redesign it. We also love the beachy vibe of the city, it’s laid back and casual at the same time. People here take their health very seriously and we wanted to be a part of that community.
3) How could we make doing business here easier? Free advertising?? Ha! We love how you constantly remind us about what we need to do from our end in order to keep moving projects forward. And YES FREE advertising always helps. Perhaps sending out a blaster of what events we could participate in or donate towards auctions, etc.
4) How did you engage the community when you first started? We started with a handful of pre-existing clients… When you have a great Pilates Method, a great team to support that method and a warm and welcoming juice bar staff that offer 100% organic juice made ONSITE it’s easy for the momentum to build at a rapid rate. We also sponsored free workouts on the beach, and free workouts in our studio with juice tastings
5) What would you recommend for prospective business owners? Lots of research and marketing to get your name out to explain what makes your business different. Offer a great service, word of mouth does wonders in this bubble.
6) What’s your take on the evolving chamber? Love the new website, and events. We are up for it!! Anything that will help support the chamber we are happy to share!